Norfolk now back on the grid after hundreds of households were left without power on Christmas Day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Norfolk households woke to no electricity on Christmas morning, following a range of power cuts in the county.
The southern Broads area was particularly hit by the cuts, with power outages in the Loddon, Chedgrave and Haddiscoe areas, as well as confirmed cuts close to Poringland and Rockland St Mary.
There were also cuts in Hellesdon, North Lopham, near Diss, Wrentham, Watton and Mattishall.
However, as of 2pm on Christmas Day, power has been restored to all parts of the county, with Hellesdon the last place to return to the grid.
The following postcode areas were affected by cuts:
You may also want to watch:
• NR6 6
• NR14 6
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
• NR 14 7
• NR20 3
• IP 22 2 • IP24 1 • IP25 6 Anybody experiencing a power cut can report it to UK Power Networks on 0800 31 63 105.