Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town Council have announced a two-day road closure due to a weekend Christmas market set to arrive in the town.
Over December 4 and 5, Swaffham marketplace will be taken over by festive cheer, with market stalls and Christmas activities opening.
The two-day event is to make up for the Christmas events that did not happen in 2020, due to Covid restrictions.
On the Saturday, the usual market will take place with extra festive stalls, as well as a Holly Fair.
The road on the west side of the marketplace will be closed to allow for a mobile ice rink to be opened on both days of the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
A lantern parade will kick off the festivities on Saturday evening as the market is replaced with food stalls.
LMX, a Little Mix tribute band, will headline the live music for the night.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
On Sunday, a Christmas market will take place alongside a funfair and a Santa's Grotto will be open for children to visit.
The town's Christmas lights will be turned on at 5pm on Sunday.