Christmas market and behind the scenes tours of Woodbastwick brewery
- Credit: Archant
A brewery on the edge of Norwich will offer beer-lovers a behind-the-scenes tour during its annual Christmas market.
Woodforde's, which is based in Woodbastwick, will open its doors at the start of December for a weekend of beer tastings, tours and festive gift inspiration.
Local food, drink and craft producers – including Winbirri, Jubberwacky, Marsh Pig, the Norfolk Sloe Gin Company and Yare Valley Oils – will sell their wares from an array of market stalls.
Visitors will also be able to sample Woodforde's Christmas products, including its festive brew Tinsel Toes and NOG Christmas puddings.
Rupert Farquharson, managing director, said: 'Last year more than 2,000 people visited our open weekend and we anticipate even greater numbers this year.
You may also want to watch:
'The event is regarded as a one-stop shop for Christmas supplies showcasing some of the finest products that Norfolk has to offer, be it meats, cheeses, beer, wines and gifts.'
Free guided brewery tours will be run during the open weekend, while carol singing from local choirs will keep shoppers in festive spirits.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
Woodforde's brewery tap, The Fur and Feather, will be cooking up hearty meals to fend off the wintry conditions.
The event will run from 9am
to 5pm on Saturday, December 3
and 10am to 4pm on Sunday, December 4.
For more information about the event and Woodforde's, visit www.woodfordes.co.uk and to share your pictures of the market on social media, use hashtahg #openweekend
• Are you organising a festive event in Norfolk? Email firstname.lastname@example.org