Dobbies in King’s Lynn makes College of West Anglia student Thomas’s dream come true
- Credit: Season Lanckmans
Christmas has come early for one student thanks to a garden centre.
Thomas Willoughby-Stones who is studying a bridge to independence foundation course at the College of West Anglia, in King's Lynn, has always wanted to work with fairy lights.
The 19-year-old's life-long dream was made a reality when Dobbies agreed for Thomas to switch on the lights for the Christmas grotto at their King's Lynn Hardwick store.
Twenty of his classmates donned Christmas jumpers and joined him for the count down to the big moment.
Gemma Doughty, the works placement and careers coordinator at the college, said: 'When Thomas said that his dream job was to work with fairy lights, it was easy to accomplish thanks to the incredible support from Dobbies.
You may also want to watch:
'The switch-one went really well and Thomas's mum was especially pleased and appreciative of everyone's efforts.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack