Christmas events across north Norfolk
- Credit: submitted
As the festive season fast approaches a host of events are set to take place across north Norfolk, from meeting Santa to musical evenings and Christmas shopping with a difference.
Felbrigg Hall will be taking a step back time over the weekend of Friday, December 11 - Sunday, December 13 when the 1940s post-war era is brought to life with decorations, displays, costumed staff and musical entertainment.
The hall will be open from 11am - 2.30pm for the event which will be followed by Christmas carols in the courtyard from 3pm.
At Sheringham Park on December 5 and 6 from 11am – 3pm there will be a Christmas trail and craft seasonal trail leading to the learning centre where materials will be provided to make a wreath, Yule log or a miniature rhododendron Christmas tree to take away.
And for those wanting to get away from the Christmas theme, there is always the chance to go seal spotting throughout December at Blakeney National Nature Reserve.
Blakeney Point is a perfect breeding site for grey seals and in 2014 Blakeney Point became the largest seal colony in England with 2,426 pups born.
Santa will be on the junior farm at Wroxham Barns where children can join in with story-telling, face painting and a reindeer hunt in the Christmas activity barns and have a photo taken with Santa and his elves, from December 5 - 20 at timed intervals, 11am, 1pm and 2.30pm.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
There will also be Santa's Tea Parties in The Pantry Coffee Shop at 3.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays from December 5 to December 20.
Wroxham Barns will also host a Christmas Customer Evening event on December 2 from 5pm – 9pm, where people can shop for Christmas gifts while listening to carols sung by the Broadbeat Choir. Santa, his elves and his sleigh will be on site, courtesy of Wroxham Bure Valley Rotary Club, as well as a Macmillan Cancer Support charity stall.
Holkham Hall starts the festive season with Diva Opera's unique rendition of 'The Night before Christmas' on December 4 and 5. The Christmas show is a mix of carols, songs, operatic arias, readings and dances performed by Noel Mann, David Stephenson, Nicholas Ransley and Joanna Foote.
For further information on the events and how to book, visit www.visitnorthnorfolk.com/things-to-do/christmas