Charities urged to apply for funding boost through 2019 Christmas Day Swim
- Credit: Archant
Charities are being urged to apply for a festive boost this Christmas.
Applications for the 42nd Christmas Day Swim in Lowestoft have now opened for charities and organisations hoping to benefit from the money raised this winter.
Matt Stebbings, physical activity and health manager at Sentinel Leisure Trust, who organise the event, said: "Since the swim began, we donate all of the sponsorship money to local organisations and charities who serve the community within the Lowestoft and Waveney area.
"The money raised makes a real difference to those living in the community."
To apply, complete a charity application form at www.sltrust.co.uk/xmasdayswim before 4pm on Friday, October 18.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, hundreds of participants raised more than £13,000 for charities and causes, with more than £10,000 raised each year for the last six outings.
Appplications for swimmers will open in November.
PICTURE GALLERY: Thousands turn out for Lowestoft Christmas Day Swim 2018
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
- 10 City step up Skipp Spurs chase