When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 5 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise