Christians gather for Easter services
- Credit: Archant
Christians from across the region are celebrating Easter Sunday with services taking place at a variety of locations.
About 30 Christians gathered on Dereham's Neatherd Moor for the traditional Easter Sunday sunrise service.
Ian Gardner, an elder at the town's Baptist church, led the service, which celebrated Jesus' resurrection.
It included songs, Bible readings, some drama and prayers.
Despite the poor weather forecast, the early risers got a glimpse of the sunrise over the Neatherd pond.
Radio Norfolk's live sunrise service was held at Thetford's Iron Age Castle Mound.
Norwich Cathedral's Easter Sunday Worship was broadcast live on BBC Radio 4 this morning - the Rt Rev Graham James, Bishop of Norwich, preached at the service.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
The cathedral's Festal Evensong will also be broadcast live on national radio, this time on BBC Radio 3 from 3pm.
Have you attended an Easter service? Email details and pictures to email@example.com