Choral classics to be performed at Wymondham Abbey
- Credit: Archant
Lenten classics will be performed at a special concert at Wymondham Abbey.
They abbey's choir will perform pieces including Allegri's Miserere and Mendelssohn's Hear My Prayer which depicts Christ's experience in the wilderness.
There will also be an eight-part motet 'Crucifixus' by the 17th century Italian, Antonio Lotti.
The concert is in aid of the Friends of Wymondham Abbey, a charity which raises money to help with aspects of the life of the abbey.
Rob Goodrich, the abbey's director of music, will conduct the concert.
You may also want to watch:
Organ accompaniment will be provided by assistant organists Peter O'Connor and Mike Webb.
The concert will take place on Saturday, April 8 at 5pm, after refreshments starting at 4.15pm. Tickets are not required. For more details, call the friends group secretary Cherry Saunders on 01953 529085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place