Choral classics to be performed at Wymondham Abbey
- Credit: Archant
Lenten classics will be performed at a special concert at Wymondham Abbey.
They abbey's choir will perform pieces including Allegri's Miserere and Mendelssohn's Hear My Prayer which depicts Christ's experience in the wilderness.
There will also be an eight-part motet 'Crucifixus' by the 17th century Italian, Antonio Lotti.
The concert is in aid of the Friends of Wymondham Abbey, a charity which raises money to help with aspects of the life of the abbey.
Rob Goodrich, the abbey's director of music, will conduct the concert.
You may also want to watch:
Organ accompaniment will be provided by assistant organists Peter O'Connor and Mike Webb.
The concert will take place on Saturday, April 8 at 5pm, after refreshments starting at 4.15pm. Tickets are not required. For more details, call the friends group secretary Cherry Saunders on 01953 529085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison