Choir becoming driving force in building community in Mulbarton
- Credit: Archant
A village choir is tuning up to perform its debut concert this month.
The Mulbarton Community Choir was initially formed last October to sing at the village's Christmas carol service. After the success of that event, choir members decided to continue with their weekly sessions – and they are now preparing to stage a joint concert with Norfolk Wherry Brass at Mulbarton Village Hall on Saturday, March 25, at 7pm.
The Rev Andrew North, musical director and curate in Mulbarton said: 'The choir not only makes a fantastic sound, but is also becoming a driving force in building community in Mulbarton.
'As a former musician in the Household Cavalry, I am excited to be joining forces with Norfolk Wherry Brass, for what promises to be a musically uplifting evening.'
Tickets cost £5 (children £1) and can be booked online at https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/343059
You may also want to watch:
Further information is available from http://mulbchurch.org.uk/events or Mr North on 01508 500343.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47