Chit Chat Centre opened at Great Ellingham, near Attleborough
Community spirit has been boosted at a Norfolk village following the launch of a new weekly meeting place for local people.
The Chit Chat Centre has been formed at Great Ellingham Recreation Centre, near Attleborough, for residents to have a catch up over a cup of coffee or tea.
Officials from the recreation centre decided to open up the building, off Watton Road, on a Wednesday morning between 10am and midday as a meeting place and venue for a village book exchange and place to pick up advisory leaflets from Norfolk County Council and Breckland Council.
So far, the centre attracts around 15 people a week and there are plans to stage other activities at the centre in the future.
Ann Milner, from the recreation centre, said the aim was to bring together as many people as possible in the village and surrounding area.
'The Centre is aimed at men and women of all ages and young people and children are particularly welcomed. The Recreation Centre Committee feel that by opening the centre weekly then local people know that every Wednesday morning there is somewhere to go where there will be friendly faces and they will be made very welcome.'
The only charge is �1 for refreshments. For more information, contact Ann Milner 01953 457808.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight