Person taken to hospital after chip pan fire
PUBLISHED: 11:27 04 October 2020
A person was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation in a chip pan fire.
Two fire crews from Lowestoft South and a crew from North Lowestoft were called out following reports of a house fire with people reportedly inside.
They responded at 7.28pm on Friday, October 2 and on arrival found a chip pan ablaze at the home on Weston Road, Lowestoft.
The householder was outside and being assisted by paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service.
The road was temporarily closed by police for about 30 minutes, but with everyone accounted for the chip pan fire was quickly tackled and put out with the scene cleared at 8.07pm.
The spokesman added: “One casualty was left in the care of the ambulance service.”
They were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.