Chinese cannabis gang sent to prison
A Chinese gang who set up one of Norfolk's biggest cannabis factories was sent to prison today.The six men and two women received sentences totalling 22 years - but the judge said he would have liked to send them to prison for longer.
A Chinese gang who set up one of Norfolk's biggest cannabis factories was sent to prison today.
The six men and two women received sentences totalling 22 years - but the judge said he would have liked to send them to prison for longer.
Judge Peter Jacobs said that the 10 houses in suburbs of Norwich which were rented out and turned into cannabis factories contained drugs with a street value of £1.5m. But he said he was unable to impose a sentence that would be a real deterrent to others.
Shuang Cao, 25, of Robson Road, who may have been the ringleader of the gang, received a four and a half year sentence, while her boyfriend Shen Chow, 28, also of Robson Road, received three years.
You may also want to watch:
Yan Fu Zhang, 28, and his girlfriend Jin Chen, 23, of Robson Road, West Earlham, who were convicted on Monday of a conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis, were sentenced to four-and-a-half years and three years and three months respectively - sentences which would have been shorter if they had admitted the offence. The other six had all pleaded guilty to the same charge.
Twins Guo Ren Chen, of Hassocks, West Sussex, and Guo Fa Chen, from Earlham Grove, Earlham, both 38, were sentenced to 18 months and two-and-a-half years, and brothers Xing Lin, 25, and Guang Lin, 27, of Howlett Drive, Bowthorpe, were given 15 months and two years and three months.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us