Firefighters tackle blaze which left home smoke-logged
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A householder had to flee their home after a chimney fire led to it becoming smoke-logged.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at the home in Holt Road, Aylmerton, at just after 8.30pm last night (Friday, March 1).
They spent more than two hours at the scene, wearing breathing equipment to tackle the fire.
The aerial ladder platform from Earlham was used to fight the flames, joined by crews from Sheringham, Holt, Fakenham and Cromer.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the occupier of the home had got out before the crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
But the property was smoke-logged and firefighters remained at the scene until just before 11pm.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident