Firefighters tackle blaze which left home smoke-logged
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A householder had to flee their home after a chimney fire led to it becoming smoke-logged.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at the home in Holt Road, Aylmerton, at just after 8.30pm last night (Friday, March 1).
They spent more than two hours at the scene, wearing breathing equipment to tackle the fire.
The aerial ladder platform from Earlham was used to fight the flames, joined by crews from Sheringham, Holt, Fakenham and Cromer.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the occupier of the home had got out before the crews arrived.
But the property was smoke-logged and firefighters remained at the scene until just before 11pm.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages