Children wanted for musical rendition of A Christmas Carol in Norwich
- Credit: Richard Jarmy
Young actors and actresses are being sought to take part in an immersive musical rendition of A Christmas Carol.
The night of live music, dance and drama will retell the classic story of Ebenezer Scrooge and his ghosts of past, present and future in the Planet Theatre Productions performance at the Norwich School's Daynes Sports Centre this December.
Peter Beck, who is one of the directors along with David Rees, said he was 'excited to be bringing the team together again for everyone who loves a family show, to get them in the mood for Christmas'.
He added: 'The show will be popular for all ages, and with the added value of a visit from Father Christmas, this is not one to miss.'
The production is also currently seeking two teams of eight children, both boys and girls, to play a number of roles for children between six and 12 years old, including the star Tiny Tim. Auditions are taking place on Sunday, September 17 at the Heather Millan School of Dance and Performing Arts.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for applications is Monday, September 12. Rehearsals will take place primarily on Sundays from October 8, with additional evenings closer to the opening night.
The play will be shown at the sports centre, located near Norwich Cathedral, from December 20 to December 31 (excluding 24, 25 and 26). As well as the show there will be an appearance from a Victorian Father Christmas on December 23 from 12.30pm to 2pm for those attending the show at 2.30pm.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
This Broadway adaptation of Charles Dickens' 1843 family classic first launched in 1994 at Madison Square Gardens and was presented there annually until 2003. It was then turned into a television adaptation in 2004, starring Kelsey Grammar as Scrooge.
Tickets for A Christmas Carol (The Musical) can be found at www.planettheatreproductions.co.uk, costing £10-£15, 10pc discount until September 30, or from the ticket line on 0333 666 4466.