Children’s hospice launches charity golf day in Norwich
Golf fans are being invited to sign up to a charity day in Norwich which will give them the opportunity to play with a former European PGA Tour player and a premier trick golf show entertainer.
The Charity Golf Classic, in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each) which runs the hospice at Quidenham, was launched yesterday at Marriott Sprowston Manor Golf Club, where the event will take place on Friday, September 9.
The annual event, which is in its seventh year, will be hosted by former PGA Tour player David Edwards. The day starts at 8am with registration, coffee and bacon rolls followed by Mr Edwards' Golf Trick Show, an 18-hole team stableford competition with shotgun start and dinner.
The event costs �250 to enter a team of four, which includes each participant being entered into a draw to win a round of golf with Mr Edwards at his home course – Forest Pines in Lincolnshire.
Mark Loades, Each Norfolk partnerships manager, said: 'This is a fantastic event which will give you the chance to play golf in an idyllic setting, in the presence of a top-class golfer, while raising funds to support local life-threatened children and their families.
'As well as golf and dinner, there will also be plenty of auctions, raffles and competitions with great prizes featured throughout the day.'
Local businesses are being urged to get involved and follow in the footsteps of longstanding Each supporter, Jark, which is based in Queen Street in Norwich.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
John Buckman, chairman of Jark, said: 'We support Each as they are a local charity which, here at Jark, we feel really make a difference to the lives of children in East Anglia. I am delighted to be donating a prize of a week's stay in Jark's luxury four-bedroom villa near Marbella to be auctioned or raffled at the event. It's an ideal golfer's retreat with over 40 courses only a short distance away.'
For more details, or to enter a team, visit www.each.org.uk, call Danielle Gravestock on 01953 715556 or email email@example.com.