Children’s grand prix to raise money for talented North Walsham go-karter
- Credit: Archant
A fund-raising go-karting race to help a North Walsham teenager compete in a prestigious racing tournament raised £3,500.
Jack Tritton, 16, from Aylsham Road, has been selected to race in next year's prestigious Formula Kart Stars (FKS).
Jack's family need to raise £42,000 for the talented teenager to take part.
The £3,500 was raised at KartTrak in Cromer during a Hundred Man Grand Prix at the weekend.
It attracted about 60 competitors as well as British and European sidecar champions.
You may also want to watch:
Jack's family has raised between £8,000 and £9,000 and organised a children's grand prix fund-raiser for eight to 16-year-olds for this Sunday.
It is happening at KartTrak and starts at 1.30pm.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
Anyone can take part and entrance costs £40 on the day.
To donate visit www.gofundme.com/f8nut4