Children’s charity goes above and beyond in fundrising ahead of cycle race
A children's charity is continuing to go above and beyond its fundraising goal as it raises a further £2,000 ahead of a three-day cycle ride.
Wooden Spoon Eastern Counties has smashed its target of £50,000 by hosting a variety of events including dinners and quizzes.
The charity recently held a quiz evening at Norwich Rugby FC, adding £2,000 to the collection pot.
The 85 riders will be taking part in a three-day cycle to raise money for children in Norfolk in September this year.
Earlier in the year a dinner was hosted with 130 guests at Diss Rugby Club, raising £9,000.
You may also want to watch:
The new fundraising target is £100,000.
Wooden Spoon Eastern Counties works with rugby clubs and communities to hold fundraising events for a diverse range of projects aimed at improving the lives of disadvantaged children.
Donations can be made at mydonate.bt.com/teams/clubtogether2017
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown