Children’s charity goes above and beyond in fundrising ahead of cycle race
A children's charity is continuing to go above and beyond its fundraising goal as it raises a further £2,000 ahead of a three-day cycle ride.
Wooden Spoon Eastern Counties has smashed its target of £50,000 by hosting a variety of events including dinners and quizzes.
The charity recently held a quiz evening at Norwich Rugby FC, adding £2,000 to the collection pot.
The 85 riders will be taking part in a three-day cycle to raise money for children in Norfolk in September this year.
Earlier in the year a dinner was hosted with 130 guests at Diss Rugby Club, raising £9,000.
You may also want to watch:
The new fundraising target is £100,000.
Wooden Spoon Eastern Counties works with rugby clubs and communities to hold fundraising events for a diverse range of projects aimed at improving the lives of disadvantaged children.
Donations can be made at mydonate.bt.com/teams/clubtogether2017
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church