Children’s author Jon Mayhew visits Archbishop Sancroft school at Harleston
A children's fantasy author visited a Harleston school to challenge pupils with riddles and conundrums.
Jon Mayhew visited The Sancroft Centre at Archbishop Sancroft school to speak to year seven and eight pupils, as well as pupils in year six at Pulham Primary School.
The children enjoyed an hour dedicated to enhancing 'reading for pleasure.'
Mr Mayhew became a published author in 2010 with Mortlock and quickly established himself as a children's fantasy writer of the gory and macabre.
He also asked the students to imagine themselves as a malevolent genie who twisted every request to a curse not a blessing, before answering questions and signing books for the students.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase