Norfolk and Suffolk schools come together for the festive season
- Credit: Archant
Children from schools and academies in Norfolk and Suffolk came together to celebrate the festive season.
The event held at St Andrew's hall in Norwich featured readings, carols and music by pupils and staff from schools in Great Yarmouth, Norwich, Cromer, Lowestoft as well as Thetford.
A candlelit procession walked through the hall to open the concert on Wednesday, December 12.
Choirs and orchestras from the Inspiration Trust's primary and secondary schools came together to perform traditional festive songs including 'Away in a Manger' and 'Gaudete'.
Crystal Vide, of Cobholm Primary Academy gave a reading from the Gospel of Luke and Finn Alderman from Great Yarmouth Charter Academy read the story of Jesus' birth.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive, Dame Rachel de Souza said: 'We are delighted to bring our pupils and families together for this joyful evening, which is one of the cultural highlights of our school year.'
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries