Norfolk and Suffolk schools come together for the festive season
- Credit: Archant
Children from schools and academies in Norfolk and Suffolk came together to celebrate the festive season.
The event held at St Andrew's hall in Norwich featured readings, carols and music by pupils and staff from schools in Great Yarmouth, Norwich, Cromer, Lowestoft as well as Thetford.
A candlelit procession walked through the hall to open the concert on Wednesday, December 12.
Choirs and orchestras from the Inspiration Trust's primary and secondary schools came together to perform traditional festive songs including 'Away in a Manger' and 'Gaudete'.
Crystal Vide, of Cobholm Primary Academy gave a reading from the Gospel of Luke and Finn Alderman from Great Yarmouth Charter Academy read the story of Jesus' birth.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive, Dame Rachel de Souza said: 'We are delighted to bring our pupils and families together for this joyful evening, which is one of the cultural highlights of our school year.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies