Norfolk firefighters called out to reports of child being stuck in car
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called after reports a child was stuck in a car.
One appliance from Methwold was requested to attend a child stuck in a car on Main Street, Hockwold cum Wilton, near Thetford at just before 9pm on Friday (September 18).
But the crew was stood down before arrival.
Meanwhile, fire crews from Harleston and Long Stratton attended a road traffic collision on Norwich Road, Pulham St Mary, at just before 9.15pm on Friday (September 18).
The scene was made safe by the crews.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, firefighters from Attleborough and Wymondham were called to a report of a smell of burning on Norwich Road, Attleborough. The call, which came in just before 9.20pm on Friday (September 18) turned out to be a false alarm.
And at just after 6.20pm on Friday (September 18) one appliance from Carrow attended a fire in the open on Orford Hill. The fire was extinguished before arrival.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 6 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 7 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 8 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police