Chef Rick Stein signs new book at Jarrolds
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Fans of culinary delights queued-up in the city yesterday for the signing of Rick Stein's new autobiography.
The chef spent the afternoon in the book department at Jarrolds, in Norwich city centre, and as well as signing copies of Under a Mackerel Sky, he also signed his most recent cookbook, India.
Mr Stein's autobiography begins in 1950s rural Oxfordshire and North Cornwall and talks about the unpredictable mood of his bipolar father. It also follows his adventures in Australia, America and Mexico and Mr Stein charts his personal journey throughout this book.
Cooking fan, Sandeep Cavill, was first in the queue at the booksigning event, which saw dozens more people queue to get their own signed copy.
As well as presenting a number of television series, Mr Stein has published other cookery books, including French Odyssey, Coast to Coast, Far Eastern Odyssey and Rick Stein's Spain.
You may also want to watch:
In 2003 he was awarded an OBE for services to West Country tourism.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault