Cheers to Yarmouth beer festival
Miles JermyReal ale and cider lovers are raising a glass in Great Yarmouth at the town's fourth annual beer festival.Miles Jermy
Real ale and cider lovers are raising a glass in Great Yarmouth at the town's fourth annual beer festival.
More than 1,000 people are expected to sample the festival's 120 beers and ciders that are on tap in the Priory Centre by St Nicholas' Church.
The festival runs until tomorrow night and its Yarmouth-based organisers, the Blackfriars Brewery and Town Centre Partnership, predict record-breaking numbers of people will attend the event.
Beer enthusiasts were certainly in the party mood as they sampled a World Cup-themed beer Glory Daze and tried out the wide range of drinks available from local breweries and from breweries in Essex, Nottinghamshire and Grimsby.
You may also want to watch:
And people in Yarmouth could join in the festival fun even further as they took part in beer-making contest.
Bill Russell, owner of Blackfriars Brewery said: 'I am looking forward to bringing a bumper beer festival to Yarmouth. Here's to a fantastic next three days.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
During the festival, which is sponsored by the EDP's sister paper the Yarmouth Mercury, live bands and musicians will be playing.
The beer and cider festival is open from 11am to 3pm and 5pm to 11pm until tomorrow.
It costs between �2 to �4 to enter the festival, depending on which session people go.