Cheers! A new bar could be opening in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant - EDP Library
A new bar and restaurant is set to open in Great Yarmouth, with a famous television namesake.
The new venue, on South Beach Parade, is to be called Cheers, much like the bar the classic American sitcom of the same name.
A licensing application has been submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council for the venue, which is at the junction with Dickens Avenue, opposite the Pleasure Beach.
The applicant has specified opening hours of 10am until midnight Sunday to Thursday, with a later closing time of 4am on Fridays and Saturdays.
It will also seek to host live music and karaoke,
It is unknown at this stage whether the venue will pay any homage to the television series - or whether the name is simply coincidental.
The television series ran for 11 seasons, between 1982 and 1993 and starred - among others - Ted Danson, Shelley Long and Kelsey Grammer.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
The application can be commented on until December 5, after which the council will make its decision.