Cheers! A new bar could be opening in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant - EDP Library
A new bar and restaurant is set to open in Great Yarmouth, with a famous television namesake.
The new venue, on South Beach Parade, is to be called Cheers, much like the bar the classic American sitcom of the same name.
A licensing application has been submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council for the venue, which is at the junction with Dickens Avenue, opposite the Pleasure Beach.
The applicant has specified opening hours of 10am until midnight Sunday to Thursday, with a later closing time of 4am on Fridays and Saturdays.
It will also seek to host live music and karaoke,
You may also want to watch:
It is unknown at this stage whether the venue will pay any homage to the television series - or whether the name is simply coincidental.
The television series ran for 11 seasons, between 1982 and 1993 and starred - among others - Ted Danson, Shelley Long and Kelsey Grammer.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
The application can be commented on until December 5, after which the council will make its decision.