Chase & Status and The Hold Steady announced for Norwich Sound and Vision festival
- Credit: submitted
Organisers for this year's Norwich Sound and Vision festival have revealed two new headline acts have been added to the line-up.
London drum'n'bass duo Chase & Status and American rock band The Hold Steady will be performing at Epic Studios, in Norwich, as part of the event which will run from October 9 to 11.
Now in its fifth year, Norwich Sound and Vision aims to bring exciting music to venues across the city as well as lively debate and discussion for people interested in the music, radio, TV, film and multimedia industries.
About the latest music announcement, Epic Studios' venue manager Stuart Hobday said: 'At Epic Studios we're delighted to be hosting great headliners for this year's Norwich Sound and Vision. Getting Chase & Status headlining will bring the festival to a bigger and younger audience. The Hold Steady are a classic American band headlining the Saturday night. It should be a really buzzy weekend across Norwich so I'd urge music fans to check it out and join in.'
Chase & Status will headline on Friday, October 10, while The Hold Steady close the festival at the Magdalen Street venue on Saturday, October 11. Other acts previously announced that are performing at Epic during the festival are Public Service Broadcasting, Radiophonic Workshop and Ulrich Schnauss.
You may also want to watch:
There are also an array of other music acts set to perform across the city, and Norwich Sound and Vision director Adrian Cooke said music fans were in for a great time with the eclectic line-up.
He said: 'We promised that the line-up for Norwich Sound & Vision 2014 would be bigger and better than ever and we've definitely delivered on that. NSV has always been a place to discover new music and this year we've really pushed the envelope with some spectacular large shows booked for Epic Studios, the consistently mesmerising shows at Norwich Arts Centre plus the exciting small shows in spaces such as The Birdcage and The Mash Tun which is where you will see fresh new exciting talent who are the stars of tomorrow. You only have to look back to last year's festival when we had the likes of George Ezra and Royal Blood playing in these small venues, both of whom now have albums in the UK Top 10, to see that NSV is the place to discover your new favourite bands!'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
• For more details about acts at this year's Norwich Sound and Vision, ticket and wristband prices, and how to book, visit http://norwichsoundandvision.co.uk/