Chas and Dave still due to perform at Great Yarmouth festival despite cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
Star musicians Chas and Dave are still due to perform at an inaugural music festival in Great Yarmouth after news broke one of the popular duo has cancer.
Chas and Dave are due to take to the stage of the Summer Beats Music Festival at Great Yarmouth Racecourse on Saturday, July 29.
On Monday it was revealed Chas Hodges has been diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus, leading to shows in Norwich and Milton Keynes this month being rescheduled.
Gary Cole, from Summer Beats Music Festival, said that the duo's appearance was still 'going ahead' and offered his best wishes to the piano player, behind such hits as Rabbit and Gertcha.
Mr Cole said: 'It is one of those horrible situations and obviously all our fingers are crossed for him.'
You may also want to watch:
Chas and Dave are headlining the festival with Boney M, Stooshe and The Anyones.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances