Charity The Benjamin Foundation reveals Norfolk location for 2017 Butterfly Walk
- Credit: The Benjamin Foundation
Hundreds of people are set to help boost a charity when it holds its fourth annual Butterfly Walk next month.
The Benjamin Foundation has announced that the walk will take place at Sandringham Country Park on Sunday, June 25.
The charity delivers a wide range of support for children, young people and families in Norfolk and Suffolk, and each year helps around 2,000 people. The Butterfly Walk is this charity's main summer fundraising event.
The Butterfly Walk, which takes its name from the charity's butterfly logo, takes place at a different location each year, and in 2017 West Norfolk will play host for the first time.
The walk will follow one of Sandringham's trails, and is around three miles long, meandering through the Country Park's historic woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Quiz questions will be posted along the route, with prizes for the best set of answers in each age group up for grabs at the end of the Walk.
Chris Elliott, marketing and fundraising manager at The Benjamin Foundation said: 'The Butterfly Walk is a great way to spend a few hours with friends and family (and dogs!), out in the fresh air and in a beautiful Norfolk setting.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
'As our main summer event, the Butterfly Walk is a really important fundraising opportunity, and this year some of the proceeds will help to fund our work in King's Lynn.
'For example, we provide a home and support to vulnerable young people in the town, including some with learning difficulties. We'd love to be able to improve the garden area and purchase a shed where they can store their bikes securely.'
Clapham & Collinge Solicitors have agreed to be the main sponsors of the Butterfly Walk 2017. Marketing manager Louis Hilldrup-Boorman said: 'At Clapham & Collinge, we take our corporate responsibility very seriously We invest time, energy and money in supporting local charities, and having seen the valuable work of the Foundation, we wanted to support their main summer event.'
Participants can head off on the Walk at any time between 10am and 3pm. The cost is £5 per person, with free entry for children under 12.
Payment will be taken on the day in cash only. Dogs are welcome. For more information about this year's Butterfly Walk and The Benjamin Foundation's work, click here.