Charity haircut held in memory of late school pupil raises £2,000
- Credit: Deanne Mann
A charity hair cut by a trio of sisters was 'very emotional' and 'overwhelming', as they raised money in aid of their late friend Emily Gibbson who died from leukaemia in May 2016.
The sisters - Abbie, Paige and Amber Mann - donated their hair to the Little Princess Trust and raised money for Beads of Courage.
On the day, eight children volunteered to have their hair cut along with two adults.
Mother Deanne Mann said: 'It was very emotional for the girls, Paige cried as it was overwhelming, as there was the personal aspect to their fundraising.'
The total amount raised is still being added up, but is estimated at £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
'I had people coming from hairdressers in the mall handing me their hair to be donated so I ended up carrying 20 pieces of hair around,' said Mrs Mann, who added that the family would like to thank everyone who donated and attended.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled