Charity golf day raises thousands for licensees charity
- Credit: Mike Lorenz
Thousands have been raised to help people in the drinks trade in need through a charity golf day.
The Norwich and Norfolk Licensed Victuallers Association was able to raise £3,000 at its 13th Annual Charity Golf Day at Bawburgh Golf Club on Thursday, June 8.
The event raised funds for the Licensed Trade Charity who provide help to Licensees and their families who have fallen on tough times.
On the dry, yet windy day the conditions proved challenging but produced a close competition.
The winning team with 89 points stableford was The Swan Inn in Long Stratton, coming in second with the same score was the Ribs of Beef, Norwich, who lost out on the top spot on count back. In third were Wheatsheaf Inn from Moulton Chapel with 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The Swan Inn will represent the Eastern Region in the Grand Final later in the year in Birmingham.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home