Charity football match to be held in memory of Lowestoft teenager Taylor High
- Credit: Archant
Sporting entertainment will take centre stage as an annual charity football match is held in Lowestoft next month.
The Taylor High Memorial Cup will be contested once more on Sunday, August 6, at the Amber Dew Events Stadium – formerly Crown Meadow – the home of Lowestoft Town FC.
Organised by the Taylor High Memorial Fund, former teammates, friends and family will unite on the football pitch once more to remember the popular Lowestoft teenager.
Taylor's Sunday team Ole Frank will take on a Waveney FC X1 to raise further funds for charity.
The memorial fund, which was set up by 19-year-old Taylor's parents, Elaine and Gary, after his death in a car crash in west Norfolk in March 2011, has raised more than £90,000 since its inception.
You may also want to watch:
Community projects, worthy causes and deserving local people across Waveney have all been supported by the memorial fund, and last month another milestone was reached – as the fund made their 100th donation.
Gates open at 1pm on August 6, with the Taylor High Memorial Cup match kicking off at 2pm.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
Admission is £4 for adults, £3 for children or a family ticket costs £12. Children aged under five are free.
Mrs High said: 'Our next big fundraiser will be Taylor's memorial football match where the two teams will battle it out to add their name to the charity cup.
'This is a family day out raising funds for the Taylor High Memorial Fund, which is continuing to help people in the community. There is a raffle, with prizes given by the traders of Lowestoft and Kirkley, and refreshments are also available.
'All monies collected will go to the fund's account, which is ready to help the local people of Lowestoft and those within a 10-mile radius.'
Last year's match featured six goals and a tense penalty shoot-out as hundreds of people saw the Ole Frank side triumph on penalties after the match had ended in a 3-3 draw at full time.
To find out more about the fund, visit its page on Facebook.
Are you holding a fundraising event? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email email@example.com