Love Island star among several celebrities at charity football day
- Credit: Alan Palmer
Almost £5,000 has been raised at a charity football day in support of a 14-year-old boy with cancer.
Celebrities including Love Island's Jack Fowler and Norwich City legend Darren Huckerby took part in the day at Fakenham Town Football Club to raise money to support Lewis Atkins, from Dereham, who has been diagnosed with cancer for a fourth time.
It was organised by HelpDeleteCancer FC and saw 850 people attend to watch two different games.
A total of £4,900 was raised on the day, meaning £7,200 has been raised overall.
The money will go towards helping Lewis and his family while he is undergoing treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet from the HelpDeleteCancer FC Twitter account said: "Overwhelmed by the turnout of 850 people and everyone's support both on and off the pitch."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting