Charity concerts to be held at the Octagon Chapel in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Two charity concerts are being held at the Octagon Chapel in Norwich next month.
The first, entitled A Thousand Blended Notes, takes place inside the Georgian building, on Colegate, on March 5 at 3pm.
Norfolk Composers Group will present new pieces performed by Soprano Meg Starling and other musicians.
Music by Stravinsky, Dutilleux, Berg, Schubert, Mahler, Schumann, will also be performed.
The concert is in aid of Parkinson's UK and admission costs £7 or £6 for a concession. Tickets can be purchased on the door. A second concert is being hosted at the chapel on March 17 at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Young pianist Hannah Watson will be performing a piano recital, and will play the composition On an Overgrown Path: Book II by Janácek, as well as Sonata No. 3 in B minor by Chopin. The evening will be raising money in aid of Doctors for Madagascar. Admission costs £4.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor