Charity Christmas tree festival in imposing Norwich church
- Credit: Archant
Festive trees for good causes are on show in a city centre church.
The free annual Christmas Tree Festival organised by the Rotary Club of Norwich St Edmund and St Peter Mancroft Church in Norwich starts tomorrow and features 34 displays.
It is taking place in the 15th century church opposite the Forum and finishes on Monday.
All donations for the displays will be split between Norwich-based charity The Hamlet, which supports children and young adults with disabilities and complex health needs, and Norwich-based testicular cancer support group It's on the Ball.
Barry Catchpole, Rotary Club of Norwich St Edmund secretary, said: 'There has been an awful lot of effort put into it. It is looking absolutely gorgeous. It looks better every year.'
You may also want to watch:
It is the third year of the festival which attracts thousands of people and has so raised £6,000 for local charities.
Mr Catchpole, from Caistor St Edmund, was hopeful the popular Tunnel of Light, next to the church, would bring more people into the event.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
He added the festival raised the profile of the Rotary Club of Norwich St Edmund, the church and local charities.
Each tree has been individually decorated by groups and businesses in the city.
The festival is running from 10am–8pm tomorrow; 10am-5pm Friday and Saturday; 10am-6pm on Sunday; and 10am-4pm on Monday.
For more information about the Rotary Club of Norwich St Edmund call Mr Catchpole on 01508 492737 or visit www.norwichstedmund.rotary1080.org