Charity Christmas card shop opens at The Forum in Norwich
It may still be 66 nights until Christmas Day but for those keen to get on with their festive shopping, there is also a chance to benefit some good causes.
The Norwich Cards for Good Causes charity Christmas shop is now open at The Forum. The shop, staffed by local volunteers, is open Monday to Saturday from 10am until 5pm and Sunday 11am until 4pm and will trade until Tuesday, December 18.
There are cards from more than 40 charities including Alzheimer's Society, Cruse Bereavement Care, Help for Heroes, and The Big C.
Area organiser Mary Cronin said: 'We are delighted to be back in Norwich. Everyone is so generous and really helps us raise more for our charities.
'Charity cards are a great way to buy once and give twice – once to the person who receives the card and once to your favourite charity.'
You may also want to watch:
The shop is one of around 300 Cards for Good Causes temporary shops around the country and pays at least 75p in every �1 of the card sales to the relevant charity.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 7 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day