Charity cash handed over by North Walsham morris dancers
Cats and Morris dancers do not usually mix but one fearless kitty survived an encounter of loud music, jangling bells and clashing sticks for charity.
Nelson, the much-loved mascot of Norfolk-based charity Nelson's Journey, visited Weavers' Morris in North Walsham, to collect a cheque for �500.
The money had been raised over the past year from collections and donations at many 'dancing out' events – including at pubs around the area during the summer.
Pictured is Nelson with members of Weavers Morris at the dancers' weekly practice session in the North Walsham parish church rooms.
He was joined by Tamarin Howard, the charity's fundraiser and marketing support officer, and volunteer Kerry Will, who looked after him.
You may also want to watch:
The duo was persuaded to join in the dancing but on this occasion Nelson stayed out of the way.
Special fundraising efforts coming up for the bereavement charity during December include bag-packing at Longwater Sainsbury's, Norwich, on December 15, a collection at Carrow Road's Norwich v Sunderland match, and a two-week collection at Norwich Castle Mall.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
The Weavers Morris chosen charity for 2012/13 is the Nancy Oldfield Trust, teaching disabled children how to sail.
? Anyone interested in joining Weavers Morris as a dancer or musician can ring 01692 500029.
? People interest in volunteering for Nelson's Journey can contact the charity on 01603 431783 or visit www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk