Charity car wash in Norwich will raise money for two good causes
- Credit: Stephanie Blanch
A charity car wash will be held at the weekend to raise money for two good causes.
The event will be held at Costessey Funeralcare, on Norwich Road, New Costessey, on Saturday (May 20), and will raise money for Age UK Norfolk and the Alzeimher's Society.
Organiser and funeral service arranger Stephanie Blanch said: 'I was always aware of dementia - family members had it, and one special lady in my husband's family is living with it now. In January, I attended a Dementia Friendly Costessey event, that was where I learned how to be more dementia friendly, more aware of how I could help people affected and better able to understand the challenges faced by those living with dementia.
'That event has helped me in my working life and my employer, the Co-op Group, is always keen to give something back and support the local community. Their support has given me the added impetus to host an event that will hopefully raise money to allow the Alzheimer's Society and Age UK Norfolk to carry on with their excellent work.'
The car wash will run from 10am - 2pm, with a suggested donation of £5 per car.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 01603 742484.
• Dementia Awareness Week – supported by the Alzheimer's Society – runs from May 15 – May 21. For more information, click here.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community