Charity ball will raise funds and awareness for Norfolk Accident Rescue Service
- Credit: Archant
One of the highlight social events on Norfolk's calender will be boosting a team of lifesaving volunteers.
The annual Norfolk Show Ball will be held on Friday, June 24 at the Norfolk Showground and will be hosted by the Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS).
As well as raising funds for the team, which has responded to more than 400 emergency calls this year, it is hoped the event will raise the profile of NARS, which relies entirely upon donations for funding.
Barry Hart has been a critical care paramedic with NARS for more than 20 years and has responded to more than 1,000 incidents during that time.
He said: 'For many, many years, NARS worked as a service in the background, helping people at times of emergency, but the public knew little about the work we did.
'The Norfolk Show Ball is a great opportunity for us to raise our profile and awareness, hopefully raise funds and demonstrate the value of the service that NARS provides.'
Lord Russell Baker of Little Moulton, a patron of NARS, said: 'We are planning what should be a wonderful and memorable evening, with a wide variety of musical and other entertainment.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
'I am sure we can count on the generosity and kind nature of the people of Norfolk to come out and support us. We still need businesses, and influential business individuals, to come forward to discuss sponsorship of this prestigious event.
'There will be an iPad auction and table raffle and dancing to a live band until 1am.'
The ball takes place a week before the Royal Norfolk Show.
Tickets are £75 and tables can be booked for parties of eight, 10 or 12. Email email@example.com or call 01603 757658.
Are you fundraising for NARS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org