Charity baker returns to town for food festival
- Credit: Archant
After a brief hiatus from the town's centre, beloved charity baker David Brown is back in Beccles this month.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter will be appearing across from Barclays Bank, New Market for the Beccles Food and Drink festival on May 25.
The skilled baker and chutney maker has been raising funds for the Help for Heroes since 2009.
Back then it was just a small operation - with Mr Brown's late wife Pat baking in the kitchen as the goods were sold from the back garden.
Mr Brown said: "I am encouraging all my local supporters to come down, we are pushing for this £100,000."
You may also want to watch:
He will be selling his usual assortment of jaffa cakes, lemon drizzles, coconut and lime treats as well as his best-selling sweet chilli jam.
"There will be no cream cakes though because of the heat," Mr Brown said.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich