Charity baker returns to town for food festival
- Credit: Archant
After a brief hiatus from the town's centre, beloved charity baker David Brown is back in Beccles this month.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter will be appearing across from Barclays Bank, New Market for the Beccles Food and Drink festival on May 25.
The skilled baker and chutney maker has been raising funds for the Help for Heroes since 2009.
Back then it was just a small operation - with Mr Brown's late wife Pat baking in the kitchen as the goods were sold from the back garden.
Mr Brown said: "I am encouraging all my local supporters to come down, we are pushing for this £100,000."
You may also want to watch:
He will be selling his usual assortment of jaffa cakes, lemon drizzles, coconut and lime treats as well as his best-selling sweet chilli jam.
"There will be no cream cakes though because of the heat," Mr Brown said.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients