Charities offered skate at Castle Mall Ice Rink
- Credit: Steve Adams
Registered charities are being invited to enter a competition to win 50 tickets to the ice rink for their organisation.
Does your charity deserve a bit of extra festive fun?
The Norwich Ice Rink and their sponsors at Jack and the Beanstalk at the Norwich Theatre Royal, are launching a brand new competition this year.
Registered charities are being invited to enter the competition to win 50 tickets to the ice rink for their organisation.
Charities can choose to either use the tickets, or put the tickets into a raffle or auction to support their charity.
Maryrisa Chappell, Archant consumer events manager, said: 'We know that the ice rink is such a fun and festive event for the public, we wanted to offer people who have been working so hard for a good cause, or have been having a difficult time, the opportunity to have some fun on the ice.'
Daisy Scott, a member of the Norwich Ice Rink Team, said: 'Although the Norwich Ice Rink is a fun-filled, Christmassy event, we felt it was important to acknowledge that Christmas can be a very difficult time of year for some.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
'Last year we were joined by Little Plumstead-based charity, Nelson's Journey who work with bereaved children and young people. This year we decided to increase our charitable offering by giving away 100 free tickets to local charities for them to use as they see fit.'
Two charities will be picked for the charity skate session at 6pm on Monday, December 19.
Applications for the charity skate competition open today and will run until November 18. The winner will be announced and notified on November 21.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with details of what your charity does, who it helps, why your charity should win the tickets, and how you would use them.