Charities offered free skate session at Norwich Ice Rink
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Does your charity deserve to have a little festive fun this Christmas?
Registered charities are being invited to enter a competition to win 50 tickets to the Norwich Ice Rink for their organisation.
Charities can choose to either use the tickets, or put the tickets into a raffle or auction to support their work.
Two charities will be picked for the skate session scheduled to take place at 6pm on Tuesday, December 19.
Last year the tickets were awarded to Norwich Foodbank and Nelson's Journey, who decided to give the tickets as gifts to the families they help support.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by the Sleeping Beauty pantomime at the Norwich Theatre Royal, the rink will open in Castle Mall Gardens on Friday, December 15 and will run until January 7, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Made from real, glistening ice and complete with atmospheric lighting and festive music, the rink promises a smooth, traditional skating experience for the whole family.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
Snowy Joey the 50ft snowman bouncy castle will also be making a return over the festive period as an extra treat for little ones.
Applications for the charity competition open today and will run until Thursday, November 30.
Debbie Burrell, Archant Head of Events, said: 'Christmas is such a fun and festive time and the ice rink allows people to smile and laugh with their family or friends. We want to offer those who have been working hard for a good cause, or having a difficult time themselves, the chance to celebrate some festive spirit at our ice rink together.'
Email email@example.com with details of what your charity does, who it helps, why you think your charity should win the tickets, and how you plan to use them.
For more information about the rink, visit icerinknorwich.co.uk