Chapelfield upbeat despite fashion chains Mango and Oasis closing stores in the Norwich shopping centre
One of the city's shopping centres has said it is 'very excited' about the interest it is receiving from new retailers that could be coming to Norwich.
While fashion chains Mango and Oasis are closing stores in Chapelfield within the next few weeks, the shopping centre is positive about the outlook for 2012 and has said a number of new retailers are looking at moving into the shopping mall.
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager at Chapelfield Shopping Centre, said: 'Chapelfield had an incredibly successful 2011 with great footfall figures and a range of new stores and restaurants moving in to the centre.
'We have had considerable interest from a wide range of new retailers looking to take space in the centre this year.
'Whilst we're unable to provide more detail whilst negotiations are under way, we're very excited about the potential new tenants that we're in discussion with; they would all bring something new and special to the fantastic shopping mix we already have on offer.
'It's safe to say that Chapelfield is extremely positive about new lettings for 2012.'
Oasis is to shut its main store in Chapelfield on Tuesday although the brand will still have a presence in the shopping centre as it has an outlet in House of Fraser.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
Nobody from the Oasis head office was available to comment yesterday but posters at the shop said: 'We are closing on January 31 but do not worry, your nearest stores are Oasis Debenhams and Oasis House of Fraser.'
Oasis has had its own store in Norwich for many years. It initially had a shop in The Mall Norwich before moving to Chapelfield.
Also this week, Mango confirmed it would be closing its Norwich shop which is currently next door to Oasis.
A statement from Mango, which has its headquarters in Barcelona, said the store will close at the end of February. The statement said the closure was part of its 'normal rationalisation' of its store portfolio and that the staff at the shop had been offered the chance to relocate.
Among the most recent shops and restaurants to open in Chapelfield are an H&M children's store and the restaurants Carluccio's, Ask Italian, and Yo! Sushi.
• Do you have a story about a new store in Norwich? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com