Why has Chapelfield started putting its Christmas decorations up so early?
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Intu Chapelfield in Norwich is putting its Christmas decorations up a month early.
Norfolk's largest shopping centre says it knows it is risking the wrath of shoppers as it puts up decorations, but that it is all to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The star-shaped Christmas installation is visible from all three floors with baubles, lights and butterflies hanging down from the roof.
Shoppers can purchase a butterfly bauble for £15 with all proceeds going to the charity as part of the Butterfly Bauble campaign.
Marketing manager for Chapelfield, Sheridan Smith, said: 'Some people might feel Christmas has started too soon at intu Chapelfield this year.
You may also want to watch:
'But it's all about starting the season of goodwill early so we can raise thousands of pounds for EACH.'
Intu hopes to raise £10,000.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
Butterfly Baubles are available to buy online at www.each.org.uk or at the customer service desk.