Changes to First X1 bus service between Norwich and Peterborough
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
First has announced changes to its X1 bus service between Norwich and Peterborough which will come into action on April 17.
The changes will mainly affect early morning and evening bus services with daytime frequencies throughout the week and at the weekend remaining the same.
The main changes customers need to be aware of are as follows:
•The 5.34am Swaffham to Norwich service will no longer operate. The first bus to Norwich will depart from King's Lynn at 5.30am, calling at Swaffham (6.04am), Dereham (6.30am) and arriving in Norwich at 7.06am.
•There will be a new journey from Dereham to Norwich departing Dereham Market Place at 7.40am and arriving in Norwich at 8.25am which will travel fast via the A47.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
•The 9.40pm and 11.30pm buses from Peterborough to King's Lynn will be replaced by one bus leaving Peterborough at 10.30pm.
•The 8.20pm bus from King's Lynn will now terminate at Wisbech and will not continue to Peterborough.
•The 7.10pm bus from Norwich will be withdrawn. The last bus to Peterborough will depart from Norwich at 7.40pm, calling at Dereham (8.14pm), Swaffham (8.37pm), King's Lynn (9.10pm) and Wisbech (9.43pm) arriving in Peterborough at 10.24pm.
•The 10.20pm and 10.30pm buses from Norwich will be combined into one departure from Norwich at 10.30pm, calling at Dereham (11.04pm) and Swaffham (11.27pm) arriving in King's Lynn at 11.57pm.
•The 5.35am from King's Lynn to Norwich will not operate. The first bus to Norwich will leave King's Lynn at 6am calling at Swaffham (6.34am) and Dereham (7am) and arriving in Norwich at 7.37am.
•The 7.15am from Swaffham to King's Lynn and 7.20am from Norwich to Swaffham will not operate.
•The 7.05pm and 8.05pm buses from Peterborough will now only run as far as King's Lynn. The last bus to Norwich will depart from Peterborough at 5.05pm, calling at King's Lynn (6.28pm), Swaffham (7.03pm) and Dereham (7.28pm) arriving in Norwich at 8.01pm.
•The 9.20pm and 11.20pm journeys from Peterborough to King's Lynn will no longer operate.
•The 8.05am from Norwich to Swaffham will not operate. This journey will now start in Swaffham at 9.04am running to King's Lynn & Peterborough.
•The 6.20pm and 8.20pm buses from Norwich will now only operate as far as King's Lynn. The last bus to Peterborough will depart from Norwich at 5pm, calling at Dereham (5.40pm), Swaffham (6.04pm), King's Lynn (6.40pm) arriving in Peterborough at 8pm.
•The 10.20pm and 11.20pm buses from Norwich will not operate.
For a full list of all the changes to the X1 service visit the First website.