Chance to learn about plans for new lifeboat and boathouse in Wells
- Credit: Archant
Wells lifeboat crew and volunteers invite everyone to a fun day on Sunday.
People will have the chance to see the crew in action as they demonstrate their skills in saving lives at sea.
The day kicks off at 12pm and goes through until 5pm at the boathouse on Wells beach.
There will be demonstrations of man over board, launching the inshore lifeboat and chances to meet the crew.
People can also go on board the main lifeboat and have the chance to see if they have the skills to become a fully trained member of the lifeboat crew.
You may also want to watch:
Wells Lifeboat Open Day is from 12pm to 5pm on Sunday, August 20 at the Lifeboat House at the end of the Beach Road.
On the day people can learn about the Wells RNLI's plans to bring in a new lifeboat and open a new boathouse.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
More than £250,000 was raised in a public appeal to go towards the £2m cost of the new Shannon class lifeboat.