Chance to enjoy special outdoor celebration of West End shows
- Credit: Archant
Fans of hit musicals are being given the chance to enjoy West End spectacle in a special open air setting this weekend.
Beyond The Barricade, a touring production featuring highlights from shows such as The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera and Les Misérables, is to be presented in the grounds of Taverham Hall Preparatory School, near Norwich, on Saturday.
The audience will be able to enjoy picnics in the beautiful grounds from 5pm before the show takes to the stage at 7.30pm.
The show, starring West End performers, has been performed in traditional theatre venues across the country but this is the first time it will take to the stage outside.
It is one of two outdoor shows Norwich-based Outside Live is bringing to the city this summer, with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra set to perform a concert celebrating the iconic movie music of John Williams on August 27.
Andy Reiss, Beyond the Barricade's co-creator alongside David Fawcett, said: 'Beyond the Barricade gives musical theatre songs a bold concert format treatment – but with the conviction and intention to deliver the material as if the audience were listening to the original performance.'
Ollie George, who runs Outside Live with Jon Carnall, said: 'We are really excited to be working with Beyond The Barricade on their first outdoor show. What better way to spend a summer evening in Norfolk than enjoying some of the West End's most talented stars performing some of the West End's most popular songs?'
- 1 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 2 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 3 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
Beyond The Barricade is at Taverham Hall School on Saturday. Grounds open at 5pm. Tickets £19 (£17.50 concessions). For more information and to book tickets, visit www.outsidelive.co.uk