Chance for young people to learn the ropes at an Hingham Antiques Fair
- Credit: Archant
Young people between the ages of 14 and 20 will have the chance to go behind the scenes and experience the 'nuts and bolts' of running a trade fair at two Hingham Antiques Fair events.
The fair's organisers are offering four places at its July 30 event and another four at a fair on August 20 to give youngsters the chance to see how a fair operates.
A spokesman said: 'This will involve setting up the fair with the fair organisers from 7am and seeing how the fair operates and works.
'We have four experienced dealers which will be their mentors for the day and they will get to spend time with each dealer who all have different selling genres. They will also have the opportunity to wander around the whole fair which has an eclectic mix.'
The initiative is part of an Antique Young Guns movement. Participants will be paid £40, and those under 16 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Call 07919 040909 or 01953 483691, or visit hinghamantiquesfair.co.uk to find out more.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach