Chance for baking star Kate Barmby to attend your fundraising picnic for Nelson’s Journey
- Credit: Richard Jarmy Photography
Schools will be able to choose a special teddy bears picnic menu, as part of a Norfolk bereavement charity's fundraising week.
The Purple Picnic week, put on by Nelson's Journey, runs from June 12 to 18 and is a mainstay in the charity's calender.
Picnics are held by individuals, businesses and schools to improve the emotional wellbeing for bereaved children.
Now, Norse - which provides meals to more than 270 schools in the county - will be offering customers the opportunity to choose their teddy bears picnic menu, and in return they will donate a percentage of sales to the charity.
Sarah Hyde, community funding and marketing officer from Nelson's Journey, said: 'This year has been a record year for referrals, having already received over 350 children seeking support from us, fundraising has never been so important for us. We are asking people in the community to get behind our fundraising week and help us to bring back smiles to these children and young people in our county.'
You may also want to watch:
Everyone that registers their Purple Picnic online will be in with a chance to have Kate Barmby, 2016 Great British Bake Off Contestant, visit their picnic. Kate is also offering the chance for picnic goers to have a cake baked by her too if fundraising is sent to Nelson's Journey by July 18.
You can get involved by registering to hold your own Purple Picnic here.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash