Center Parcs pulls advertising with Daily Mail over “unacceptable” column by Richard Littlejohn
- Credit: EDP, Archant
Center Parcs has pulled its advertising with the Daily Mail after a promotion appeared alongside a column criticising the diver Tom Daley and his husband Dustin Lance Black, who are expecting a child.
The holiday company, whose network of destinations includes a centre at Elveden Forest, near Thetford, said on social media: 'We take where we advertise very seriously and have a number of steps to prevent our advertising from appearing alongside inappropriate content.
'We felt this placement was completely unacceptable and therefore ceased advertising with the Daily Mail with immediate effect.'
Columnist Richard Littlejohn wrote: 'Please don't pretend two dads is the new normal.
'Before the usual suspects start bouncing up and down, squealing 'homophobia', don't bother. I'd rather children were fostered by loving gay couples than condemned to rot in state-run institutions, where they face a better-than-average chance of being abused. That said I still cling to the belief that children benefit most from being brought up by a man and a woman.'
There were mixed views on the announcement on social media as the news broke.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity