Center Parcs pulls advertising with Daily Mail over “unacceptable” column by Richard Littlejohn
- Credit: EDP, Archant
Center Parcs has pulled its advertising with the Daily Mail after a promotion appeared alongside a column criticising the diver Tom Daley and his husband Dustin Lance Black, who are expecting a child.
The holiday company, whose network of destinations includes a centre at Elveden Forest, near Thetford, said on social media: 'We take where we advertise very seriously and have a number of steps to prevent our advertising from appearing alongside inappropriate content.
'We felt this placement was completely unacceptable and therefore ceased advertising with the Daily Mail with immediate effect.'
Columnist Richard Littlejohn wrote: 'Please don't pretend two dads is the new normal.
'Before the usual suspects start bouncing up and down, squealing 'homophobia', don't bother. I'd rather children were fostered by loving gay couples than condemned to rot in state-run institutions, where they face a better-than-average chance of being abused. That said I still cling to the belief that children benefit most from being brought up by a man and a woman.'
You may also want to watch:
There were mixed views on the announcement on social media as the news broke.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old