Celebrity chef congratulates Wells chippy on finishing runner-up in national awards scheme and highlights the importance of fish and chip shops
Celebrity chef Galton Blackiston joined the celebrations yesterday when a Wells fish and chip shop was congratulated for finishing runner-up in a national awards scheme.
Platten's Fish and Chips was joint runner-up in the newly-created Quality Award section of the National Fish and Chip Shop Awards.
Mark Drummond, vice-president of the National Federation of Fish Friers, which ran the awards, presented Platten's owner Phil Platten and manager Luke Platten with a certificate.
Mr Blackiston attended to offer his congratulations. He said: 'I've been to Platten's many times. My son once came here and asked for sea bass and chips! Fish and chip shops play a huge part in this community in bringing in holidaymakers.
'Most people from Norwich and elsewhere visit Wells for the fish and chips which are immensely popular and serve a great purpose here.'
You may also want to watch:
Phil Platten said: 'These awards are about raising standards across the industry and we are delighted to have been recognised.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea