Celebrations in Aslacton and Great Moulton as heating installed in village hall
- Credit: Archant
Residents of two villages are in celebration mood after a £11,000 heating system was installed in a community hall.
Aslacton and Great Moulton Coronation Hall has seen the installation of a new heating system in time for the autumn/winter season of events.
It is the result of dedicated fundraising by the hall committee and grants provided by South Norfolk Council, BPEC and the Norfolk Community Foundation.
The hall, which serves the villages of Aslacton and Great Moulton, was built more than 60 years ago and was in desperate need of a heating upgrade.
Basic ceiling heat lamps that were extremely inefficient, difficult to control and costly to run have been replaced with an energy efficient and low cost system.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the £11,000 was raised from fundraising events at the hall such as a summer fete, dog show, vintage afternoon tea and proceeds from the hall's cinema season Flix in the Stix held between October and May.
Zoe Taylor, chairman of the hall committee, said: 'The village hall serves as a vital hub in our villages and we desperately wanted to make the hall as welcoming as possible to all the groups who use the building.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
'We are home to two vulnerable groups of residents, from a weekly toddler group to our bowls club at the other age of the age spectrum, and it is vital we are able to keep these groups warm in the winter.'
'It's fantastic that through grants and fundraising from our local community we've been successful in updating the heating – bringing instant warmth as well as reducing our energy overheads which will reduce our costs in the long-term.
'My thanks go out to the various organisations that have supported our grant applications, the hard-working committee and everyone who attended our fundraising events throughout the year.'
The new season of Flix in the Stix is starting again from Friday, October 14 with Me Before You from 7pm.
For more information on events and activities at Coronation Hall visit https://www.facebook.com/CoronationHall/